Valentine’s Day is no longer just for romantic partners. Each year, more and more Valentine’s Day activities are being offered for dogs and their humans. From singles party meetups to best friend vow ceremonies and everything in between, dogs are becoming the forefront for many Valentine’s Day plans.
In celebration of this love-filled holiday – where your dog may receive more Valentine’s Day cards than you, we put together this easy DIY Valentine’s Day card box. You can use this DIY box to store all the cards your dog received.
- Card box (optional slit at top to easily slide exchanged cards in)
- Paint (optional – if you want to change the color of your box)
- Small bottle of Mod Podge and brush
- Various Valentine’s Day stickers and/or numbers stickers
- Photos of your dog
- Paint your box your desired color. Many of these boxes from the craft store come in white, red or pink in anticipation of Valentine’s Day.
- Arrange your photos and/or stickers where you would like them placed on the box. Once decided, stick your stickers onto the box and Mod Podge over the stickers for extra security.
- Mod Podge (glue) each photo onto the box. Paint the back of the photo and place it onto the box.
Once on the box, paint the front of the photo. Depending on what Mod Podge you have, it may appear white over your photo, but it will dry clear.
- Place your box in an area that your dog (or kids) cannot reach and allow 24 hours to dry.
Now you’ve got not only a fun, personalized Valentine’s Day box to take to a party, but an easy way to store any Valentine’s Day cards that you may want to archive, without having them scattered throughout the house.